****PRIOR TO INSTALLING THE BLACK ARTS DESIGN BARREL BAND ENSURE YOUR AIR RIFLE IS UNLOADED AND IN A SAFE CONFIGURATION!!***** Make sure you have an established zero prior to installation.
***Tools needed – 2.5mm Allen Key***
1. Using a 2.5mm Allen Key remove the 3 M3 Screws, separate, and lay out the 7 components as shown in the photo below:
2. Place the bushings on the barrel. The silver coated bushing is closest to the muzzle followed by the gold coated bushing. The colored sides should both face the muzzle as in the photo below:
3. Install 1 half of the barrel band lining up the channels with the bushings. the silver arrow on the barrel band half MUST FACE TOWARD THE MUZZLE. Proper arrangement can be seen in the photo below:
4. Install the second half of the barrel band aligning it the same way as in step 3. Both silver arrows should be facing towards the muzzle. See image below.
5. Insert the 25mm M3 screw into the mid section of the barrel band and the 22mm M3 screws into either side of the bottom of the barrel band as shown in the images below
6. Get the threads started on all 3 screws… do not yet tighten them, just get the threads started. This will allow the barrel band to be slid into position as shown in the photo:
7. Snug up the mid section 25mm M3 screw until resistance is felt, then give it one full turn.
8. Snug up the 2 bottom M3 screws until resistance is felt. Alternate between the two screws, do not fully tighten them. Just until resistance is felt on both screws.
9. Now go back to the 25mm M3 Screw in the mid section and snug it up fully. ***DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN***. It does not require a lot of force to secure the barrel band. We use two fingers on the allen key to tighten all the screws, combined the 3 screws have a ton of holding force!
10. Fully snug the two 22mm M3 screws on the bottom, again ***Do not overtighten***. Alternate from one side to the other until they are snugged up.
11. Go back to the mid section 25mm M3 screw and snug it up completely. Again, it doesn’t take a lot of force to secure the barrel band. Just get it snugged down.
12. Go to the bottom screws one more time and snug them alternating between the two screws until both are snugged up.
13. Look at the bottom of the barrel band. There should be a gap as shown in the image below.
14. This completes the install. And you are ready to zero the rifle. If there is a large windage change to your zero (a minor change is not significant and should be adjusted with the scope) some twisting may have been instigated upon installation. If so, loosen the 25mm mid section screw, and gently re-center the barrel. Check that the windage error is corrected and re-tighten the mid section screw, double check the tension on the bottom two screws.
If you have any issues contact Black Arts Design for assistance.