Black Arts Design Air Venturi Avenger (Gen2) Barrel Band System Installation
Please follow the steps below in installing the Black Arts Design (Gen2) Barrel Band System for the Air Venturi Avenger.
- Shoot and zero your rifle in its current configuration at your preferred distance. Establish as consistent a group as possible with a solid zero. This will provide you a reference for changes to left and right POI.
- Install the Barrel Band system.
- Remove the plastic forend. There are 3 small pieces that will fall out during the process, keep a close eye out for loose parts during the process.
- Loosen the grub screws located in the factory barrel band, do so carefully and do not remove them all the way. There are some small plastic bits on the end of the screws (some models) which can and will fall out… never to be found as they are tiny!
- Slide off the factory barrel band carefully. You may notice a large rise in the barrel upon removal as the factory barrel band pulls the barrel down from its freed position quite a bit.
- With the factory barrel band removed you are ready to install the Black Arts Design Forend Bracket. It is the component with 2 allen screws inserted in its sides.
- Remove the 2 allen screws from the forend bracket using a 2.5mm allen key. Slide this part onto the end of the lower air tube.
- Install the left plastic forend half (when orienting from the top of the rifle) and ensure the picatinny rail is fitted properly to that side.
- There is a slot on the front bottom of both sides of the forend. The rectangular shaped bottom section of the Stock Bracket (with the brass heat set insert) will fit right into this slot. You may need to slightly move the Forend Bracket forward until it fits into the slot.
- Locate the M3 screw, smallest of the screws removed, and insert it into the forward screw hole of the picatinny rail. This will thread into the heat set insert within the supplied Forend Bracket with a 2.0 mm allen key. Do not tighten, just start it into the threads.
- Snap on the right-side plastic forend section onto the rifle. Make sure all the little parts (2 of them) are in their correct locations.
- Take the supplied M4 screws and install them into the 2 forward holes on each side of the forend. Do not fully tighten just start them into the threads using a 2.5 mm allen key. These 2 screws replace the M5 screws that came with the rifle.
- Install all remaining screws loosely.
- Tighten the M3 screw located at the forward position of the picatinny rail first, snug it up but not fully tight.
- Tighten the 2 forward side screws, the M4’s supplied with the parts, alternately until snug. Tighten the remaining screws, the M3 screw at the bottom of the stock and then the 2 M5’s screws on the sides at the rear of the forend.
- Tighten all remaining screws. Do not overtighten the screws attached to the Stock Bracket Part! They need to be snug but no need to crank them down as it could damage the part or the plastic forend.
- ****PRIOR TO INSTALLING THE BLACK ARTS DESIGN BARREL BAND ENSURE YOUR AIR RIFLE IS UNLOADED AND IN A SAFE CONFIGURATION!!***** Make sure you have an established zero prior to installation.
- Remove the thread protector, moderator, or sound suppression device.
- The silver arrows on the inside of the air tube section must point towards the muzzle. It helps to remove the fill probe cover to aid in installation. Carefully slip on the shroud section, with the two bushings, onto the shroud. It will be a tight fit. You can use a twisting motion to overcome the leading edge of the shroud.
- Align the Barrel Band with the air tube and slide it on. There should be resistance but not from the lower section. If the lower section will not slip on easily loosen the M3 screw a little further using a 2.5mm allen key.
- The barrel band can be fixed at any point along the barrel but not in contact with the fill probe cover or the plastic forend.
- Do not tighten the Barrel Band yet. We highly recommend shooting 10 to 20 shots to let the barrel band and rifle ‘settle’. Also take this opportunity to check your zero, elevation is not a concern at this point but if your windage has shifted drastically from your prior zero twist the barrel band very gently until your shots are centered.
- IMPORTANT: DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN!! Using a 2.5mm allen key carefully tighten the single M3 cap screw with a 2.5mm allen key ***Do not attempt to close the gap between the two sides, a gap should remain after snugging the screw***
- Zero your rifle and make any minor adjustments needed. If you have a large elevation or windage change repeat steps 2 through 8.
This completes the installation. The barrel band can lead to a shift from the pre-Barrel Band POI. Based on measurements taken from an unmodified factory rifle the barrel and air tube are not completely parallel with each other. Therefore, the location you place the Barrel Band can impact the degree of elevation change depending on where along the length of the air tube/barrel it is placed. However, any changes should be minor and easily rectified with a slight scope adjustment. If you have an extreme left or right POI shift from pre-barrel the screw and ensure the Barrel Band is not skewed or ‘twisted’ and repeat steps 4 through 8.