Black Arts Design Barrel Band Installation
- ****PRIOR TO INSTALLING THE BLACK ARTS DESIGN BARREL BAND ENSURE YOUR AIR RIFLE IS UNLOADED AND IN A SAFE CONFIGURATION!!***** Make sure you have an established zero prior to installation.
- Remove the thread protector, Moderator, or Sound Suppression device.
- The silver arrows on the inside of the air tube section must point towards the muzzle. Carefully slip on the shroud section, with the two bushings, onto the shroud. It will be a tight fit. You can use a twisting motion to overcome the leading edge of the shroud.
- Align the Barrel Band with the air tube and slide it onto the air tube, there should be resistance but not from the lower section. If the lower section will not slip on easily loosen the two cap screws further using a 2.5mm allen key.
- Ensure the Barrel Band is not in contact with the stock, riding on the press fitted ring at the end of the air tube and do not mount it on the dust cover.
- Do not tighten the Barrel Band yet. We highly recommend shooting 10 to 20 shots to let the barrel band and rifle ‘settle’. Also take this opportunity to check your zero, elevation is not a concern at this point but if your windage has shifted drastically from your prior zero twist the barrel band very gently until your shots are centered.
- IMPORTANT: DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN!! Using a 2.5mm allen key carefully tighten the cap screws alternating from left to right until they are snug. Do not overtighten.
- Zero your rifle and make any minor adjustments needed.
This completes the installation. The barrel band can lead to a shift from the pre-Barrel Band POI. Based on measurements taken from an unmodified factory rifle the barrel and air tube are not completely parallel with each other. Therefore, the location you place the Barrel Band can impact the degree of elevation change depending on where along the length of the air tube/barrel it is placed. However, any changes should be minor and easily rectified with a slight scope adjustments. If you have a large elevation or windage change repeat steps 1 through 8.